In this blog, we are going to download and install Java JDK on Windows 10 Operating System. If you want to check whether java is installed in your Windows 10 Operating system, follow the steps.
Open your Command Prompt and type
java -versions. If you got the error, ‘java’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, which means java JDK is not there in your system.
Steps to Install Java JDK on Windows 10:
(1) Open any browser(Firefox) and search for java JDK download. Click on the first link of the search result.
(2) In this blog, we will install the latest Java JDK, Java SE 15. Now Under java SE 15, click on the JDK download.
(3) Now Scroll Down, and you will see all operating systems for which java JDK is available. For Windows Operating System, download the windows-x64_bin.exe file.
(4) Once it is download, double click on that file and click on next -> next.
The default location where your java JDK will be install.( C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-15.0.2\ )
Now you will see a message that your Java SE 15.0.2 successfully installed.
(5) Now, go to the location where your JDK is installed. (default location C:\Program Files\Java )
(6) Click on JDK-15.0.2 and the open bin folder. The bin folder contains all java executable files (like javac.exe).
(7) Next Step is to set this bin folder as an environment variable. So that We can run all java related commands from the command prompt, now Copy the path up to the bin folder.
Also Read: HOW TO MAKE FOLDER INVISIBLE IN WINDOWS
(8) Open the setting and search for the environment variable and Select Edit the system environment variable.
A new window will open, and you need to click on Environment variables.
(9) Now, click on the path environment variable and then click on Edit.
(10) Paste your path for the java bin folder at the end and click on OK. Your environment variable is set Now.
Set Java Home Environment Variable:
(11) To set the java home environment variable, you need to click on New.
(12) For Variable Name, you need to type JAVA_HOME, and for Variable Value, you need to copy the Path of JDK folder (Copy up to JDK folder. Don’t copy the path up to bin folder) and paste in variable value. Click on OK.
(13) Now close all windows, open the command prompt and type,
java -version and hit enter. This command(java -version) will give you the versions of java that we have installed. We have installed java version 15.0.2, and you can see it in the command prompt.
javac -version and hit enter, and you can see the version of javac. Javac is a command-line tool using which you can compile your Java programs.
To check if your environment variable is set perfectly for the java home environment variable and that command is
echo %JAVA_HOME%. This command will give you the path which we have put in our java home environment variable.