Nowadays, everyone uses the Internet, whether on a mobile phone or a computer. We have an inbuilt feature in mobile that indicates Internet Speed (NetSpeed). Wouldn’t it be great to install netspeed indicator in the ubuntu 21.04 desktop? Thus you can check how fast your Internet is right now. This article will show you how to install Netspeed in Ubuntu 21.04. Follow the steps to install network speed indicator ubuntu 21.04.
Also Read: How to Use Linux Terminal as Calculator
It is difficult to tell your current network speed with the default Ubuntu installation. It would be great to have an indicator panel displaying network speed, whether upstream or downstream. In Ubuntu, you may also have a Sticky Note Indicator, which allows you to put essential tasks on your desktop and keep them there until you remove them. So, first, let’s look at how to install network speed indicator on Ubuntu 21.01. This trick will work in all versions of Ubuntu 20.04, 18.04, 21.04.
Steps to Install NetSpeed in Ubuntu 21.04:-
- Open command line/terminal (press CTRL + ALT + T) and type the command.
sudo apt-get install chrome-gnome-shell
- Now Open Firefox Browser and Search extension gnome org.
- After that, Search Netspeed and click on the first extension.
- Install the gnome-shell extension, and after that, refresh the page.
- Now you will see the OFF button to the right side. Enable that button, and you will see the net speed indicator at the top.
Finally, we have successfully installed the install net speed in ubuntu 21.04. You can also install netspeed indicator in ubuntu 21.04 or any version of Ubuntu using the same steps.
About Install NetSpeed Indicator in Ubuntu:
Extension to show internet usage speed on gnome
- Check prefences to adjust the sizes
- Use middle click to toggle showing sum.
- If you are getting it from source:
- to install
- to enable
- to disable
- to reload
- to install