If you have face this Error: The following packages have unmet dependencies. libc6-dev : Breaks : libgcc-9-dev (< 184.108.40.206~) but 9.2.1-19 is to be installed in kali linux While Installing python3-dev. or libc6-dev : Breaks : libgcc-8-dev (< 220.127.116.11~) but 8.2.1-19 is to be installed While Installing python3-dev. Follow the below septs to solve the error.
Steps to Solve Error- The following packages have unmet dependencies / libgcc-9-dev install kali Linux:
(1) Install leafpad Text Editor using the command given below.
sudo apt-get install leafpad
(2) Open status file located in /var/lib/dpkg/ Folder. Open Using leafpad Text Editor.
sudo leafpad /var/lib/dpkg/status
(3) Now Search for libgcc-9-dev word in that file and Find this Line– package : libgcc-9-dev.
Remove the highlighted Portion from the Line package: libgcc-9-dev to http://gcc.gnu.org in that File. libgcc-9-dev install kali Linux.
Similarly, if you find the line package:libgcc-8-dev then remove that portion from package: libgcc-8-dev to http://gcc.gnu.org.
Save & Close the File.
(4) Update and Upgrade the system using the command:
apt-get update apt-get upgrade
(5) To solve the E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘ apt –fix-broken install ‘ with no packages. libgcc-9-dev install in Kali Linux.
$ apt --fix-broken install
(6) Now the last step is to update and upgrade the system. It will take 30-40 minutes to complete this process.
$ apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
Now try to install python3-dev using the command
sudo apt install python3-dev. Your Error: The following packages have unmet dependencies. libc6-dev : Breaks : libgcc-9-dev (< 18.104.22.168~) but 9.2.1-19 is to be installed in kali Linux or libc6-dev : Breaks : libgcc-8-dev (< 22.214.171.124~) but 8.2.1-19 is to be installed While Installing python3-dev will be solved.
If you still face any issue then comment below.